Inclusion Carnival ‘Come and Try’ day in Wollongong
The chance to be involved in the 2019 AFL NSW/ACT Rams Inclusion side is here with multiple ‘Come and Try’ days soon to be taking place around New South Wales and the ACT.
With the 2019 National Inclusion Carnival coming to Sydney for the first time this year, players of all ages and disabilities are invited to come and give football a try. Once all the events have been concluded, a team of 16 will be selected to represent AFL NSW/ACT at the 2019 National Inclusion Carnival.
The 2019 National Inclusion Carnival will be hosted in Blacktown from July 15- 20, with teams from every state and territory across the country taking part.
The Carnival not only gives some of Australia’s most talented football players the chance to represent their state or territory, but it is also an opportunity to showcase the significant abilities of footballers with an intellectual disability to the broader community.
Everyone is welcome and no AFL experience is required.
Rams Come and Try events
Hollymount Oval, Woonona, NSW
Wednesday, May 22 – 6pm to 7:15pm
Other Dates across NSW and ACT:
Bolton Park, Wagga Wagga, NSW
Monday, May 13 – 11:30am to 1pm
Deakin Playing Fields, Deakin, ACT
Tuesday, May 14 – 11.30am to 1pm
Blacktown International Sports Park, Blacktown, NSW
Monday, May 20 – 4:30pm to 6pm
Pasterfield Sports Complex, Cameron Park, NSW
Tuesday, May 21 – 4:30pm to 6pm
Rams Eligibility Criteria
- – Male (Female players are welcome to ‘Come and Try’ events. AFL NSW/ACT is looking at opportunities for females to be included this National Inclusion Carnival)
- – 16 years or older
- – IQ 75 or below
- – 2 x deficit areas of adaptive behaviour
- – Intellectual Disability must be evident prior to the age of 18
- – A formal psychological assessment
- – A signed statement by a psychologist or doctor which confirms a diagnosis of intellectual disability
- – Proof of attendance at a special school/college for students with intellectual disability
- – Diagnosis by state or government receipt of support, clearly identifying the support required as resulting from intellectual disability
For more information in relation to the 2019 National Inclusion Carnival and these ‘Come and Try’ events, please contact email@example.com.