Sydney Swans to ramp up bushfire relief efforts at 2020 AFL Community Camp
The Sydney Swans will ramp up their support of those affected by the recent bushfires that have devastated New South Wales when they take part in the annual AFL Community Camp next week.
The entire Sydney Swans squad will be divided between the South Coast, the Illawarra, the Southern Highlands, Port Macquarie, the Hunter Valley and the Central Coast on Tuesday, February 18 and Wednesday, February 19 to assist in bushfire-recovery efforts, run footy clinics and visit schools across the region.
The club made a special request to lend a hand particularly on the South Coast, after the devastating bushfires struck.
The playing group has already raised more than $13,000 for bushfire relief through a GoFundMe page, while the club has also made a $50,000 commitment to an AFL-wide Community Relief Fund.
Coach John Longmire has been named to coach the All Stars in the upcoming State of Origin match for bushfire relief, while a raft of Sydney stars are set to be in line for selection for the Marvel Stadium clash on Friday, February 28.
Please see below for where fans can catch the Swans stars in action next week at a South Coast location near you:
– Community Clinic, Tuesday, February 18, Hanging Rock Oval, 5pm
– Community Clinic, Tuesday, February 18, Gundary Oval Moruya, 4:45pm
– Community Clinic, Tuesday, February 18, Ulladulla Sportspark, 4:30pm
– Community Meet and Greet, Tuesday, February 18, Mollymook Golf Club, 7pm
– Community Meet and Greet, Tuesday, February 18, Hanging Rock Reception Centre, 6pm
Illawarra and Southern Highlands
– Southern Highlands Season Launch, Welby Oval, Welby, Tuesday, February 18, 4pm
– AFL South Coast, Auskick and Juniors Season Launch, North Dalton Park, Tuesday, February 18, 4pm